This photo dates after 1962, the year that the concrete-block public bath house (see below) was built. A rough path on the hillside on the right ends at a chain link fence and then descends down the hillside to the beach. In the late 1950's and early 1960's there had been a narrow boardwalk and wooden stairway here, but for unknown reasons, they had been removed. Perhaps this was to limit access to the beach in favor of the narrow strip of beach that connected to the public docks. Later, the wooden stairway was rebuilt, after the boardwalk was extended all the way down Lakeside Avenue in the late 1980's. However, this stairway was removed when the boardwalk was reconstructed in 2010, because the beach had eroded quite a ways past this point. From the center of Weirs Beach, one now has to walk all the way down the boardwalk to a point just past the bath house to descend to the beach.
The second stairway, prior to its removal in 2010.
The public bath house now has an attractive, gabled roof, compared to the flat roof it had initially (see below).
The bathhouse around 1990.